¿Te gustó esto?
amigos y colegas.
In the latest MRG Effitas 360 Assessment and Certification Programme, Kaspersky Internet Security was the only security application – out of 17 products tested – to be awarded a Level 1 certification, the highest result in the test. The product was awarded the accolade for its ability to protect from all threats on first exposure, via behavior detection, or within 24 hours.
The MRG Effitas 360 Assessment and Certification Programme put popular security products through thorough testing that was designed to reflect real-world use. It tested the products’ abilities to detect and block multiple types of malware including trojans, financial malware, ransomware, and backdoor threats.
Products were measured on their ability to protect an endpoint from a live infection and, in the event of a system being compromised, how much time it took to detect the infection and remediate the system. During the assessment any infected endpoints were re-scanned once during a 24-hour period, to reflect normal user behavior.
Kaspersky Internet Security out-performed all other products in testing. It automatically blocked 100% of malware (99.5% on access and the remaining 0.5% on launch) and 100% of ransomware on access. For financial malware, Kaspersky Internet Security automatically blocked 98.7% preventing the rest with behavior blocks for another 100% result overall. This performance made the product worthy of a Level 1 award, the highest certification in the test.
A lower ‘Level 2’ certification was granted to products where detection and disinfection was performed successfully for at least 97% of all test-cases during or after manually initiating a system scan once the 24 hours have passed. Seven solutions achieved the Level 2 certification. The other nine products tested failed the certification.
“At Kaspersky Lab, we have worked hard to develop products that help our users protect what matters most to them, so we are proud that Kaspersky Internet Security has been awarded yet another certification through independent testing. The MRG Effitas 360 Assessment and Certification Programme has a reputation for the in-depth and rigorous testing of products in real-world scenarios. Therefore, the fact that the solution was able – in testing – to consistently block the vast majority of malware, means that Kaspersky Internet Security users are able to enjoy their digital life without worrying about falling victim. The award reflects our devotion to making the Internet a better, and safer place for everyone,” says Timur Biyachuev, Director, Anti-Malware Research at Kaspersky Lab.
To find out more about the Kaspersky Internet Security, please visit: https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/MRG-Effitas-360-Assessment-Q3-2016.pdf.
Related Comparative Tests Articles
The number of users attacked with encryption ransomware is soaring, with 718,536 users hit between April 2015 and March 2016: an increase of 5.5 times compared to the same period in 2014-2015. The irreversible consequences of this kind of malware infection, along with the high value data that is being encrypted by ransomware tempts victims to pay for decryption, which in turn draws more cybercriminals into the business.Learn more >
Kaspersky Lab and the Archeological Society at Athens Extend Cooperation in AkrotiriLearn more >
If you’re waiting for a friend, a colleague or even a doctor’s appointment, how long do you think it takes before you check your phone – two minutes? Three? An experiment conducted on behalf of Kaspersky Lab by the Universities of Würzburg and Nottingham-Trent found that participants left in a waiting room on their own lasted an average of just 44 seconds before touching their smartphones. Men couldn’t even manage half of this time, waiting an average of only 21 seconds compared to women at 57 seconds.Learn more >